37.5 hours per week, £18.065 p.a.
We are looking for a cook to join our fantastic team and provide 2 meals per day for up to 35 people.
The right candidate will need to create a menu that is both innovative and cost effective. Must be able to complete all records in a timely manner. Needs to understand and adhere to all HACCP guidelines and food safety regulations.
Must be creative in food delivery and be able to maintain high standards.
- Set up the kitchen each morning for the day ahead
- Create a menu for the week ahead
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Introduce cooking clubs for companions
- Conduct deep cleans on a weekly basis
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise companions that are in situ to help
- Slightly modify recipes to meet companions needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen and dining area
- Keep tight records to maintain the “Score on the Door” of 5
- Store all food items correctly
- Keep the kitchen and store rooms tidy and safe
- Complete induction training for all companions undertaking kitchen duties
- Keep tight records for all temperature checks, equipment checks and cleaning schedules.