Fixed term post for 12 months, 37.5 hours per week, £20,000 p.a.
To work with Emmaus Managers to develop volunteer input across all charitable areas, using volunteers to enhance the service provided for Rough Sleepers and companions and to ensure that volunteers within Emmaus are appropriately recruited, supported, and managed.
- Responsible for recruitment of potential volunteers and all related administrative processes including interview and selection, taking up references, arranging DBS checks and screening.
- Ensure all volunteering activities meet with the Emmaus service needs and are carried out in line with policies regarding health and safety, legal requirements, environmental and equal opportunity policies and general duty of care.
- Provide regular contact and support to all volunteers to encourage motivation and loyalty and ensure that their work is valued.
- Have responsibility for organising and delivering all volunteer induction training, ensuring that all mandatory requirements as well as imparting Emmaus and volunteer information.
- Identify and deliver specific additional volunteer training through ongoing training needs analysis and participation in volunteer activities to pitch training at appropriate level taking account of limitations of the voluntary role.
- Deal with initial stages of conflict, grievances and complaints as appropriate. Review volunteer placements where problems arise, and arrange transfer, redeployment or effective dismissal as necessary.
- Represent the Emmaus in local and regional recruitment/volunteer awareness days.
- Liaise with staff at all levels and across all areas to encourage the development of new volunteering opportunities to align the volunteer programme to Emmaus key objectives and strategic plans.
- Research and source volunteering funding opportunities for the Emmaus.
- Regularly review and update volunteering tab on the Emmaus website.
- Design and content of the Emmaus Volunteering News Flash and bi-monthly newsletter.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a volunteer strategy to develop volunteering across the Emmaus. Promote the value of volunteering within Emmaus; attending relevant meetings, presenting and leading discussions to raise awareness of the value of volunteers.
- Work in conjunction with Emmaus Managers, deputising when necessary.
- Responsible for negotiating new placements with relevant members of staff including task descriptions and devising appropriate task lists, risk assessments and matching individual volunteer skills to service areas’ need.
- Arrange celebrations, social functions/awards/events as part of Emmaus’s support to volunteers.