|Reports to:||Community Manager|
|Location:||33 Lockwood Street – The Orchard|
|Hours:||37.5 hrs a week|
|Shift Pattern||14:00-22:00 Tuesday-Saturday|
The main duties include:
- Supporting a companions Emmaus journey from entry through to independence.
- Assessing Companion’s independence skills (e.g. budgeting, banking, cooking, shopping, ability to access support etc.) and arranging any training/help as needed.
- Helping Companions to secure jobs by supporting them in looking for employment, writing CVs, making applications, being interviewed etc.
- Cultivating and liaising with prospective employers.
- Supporting learning and development.
- Support safe practice and a vibrant community culture.
- Liaising with the housing department about housing, housing benefit and other matters.
- Liaising with probation and other support services as appropriate.
- Building up a resource of benevolent landlords and letting agents.
- Where appropriate, helping to facilitate family reconciliation.
- Making a relationship with Companions before they leave that can be sustained during the leaving process and after it.
- Helping with the practicalities of the actual move on process. (services, decoration, removal, paying rent, deposits etc.)
- Staying in touch with, recording and keeping track of what happens to Companions once they leave.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Supporting daily running of the community including operation of the kitchen, health and safety, fire safety, general maintenance and internal standards.
- Flexibility in working hours that suits the business needs.
Please forward the forms to the address specified at the beginning of the application form. Deadline 20th September.