Hours of work: Flexible: 37.5 hrs/wk- will include some weekend working. salary: competitive.
Applications are by application form only.
Closing date: 22nd June 2018
The main duties include:
- Supporting a companion’s Emmaus journey from entry through to independence.
- Assessing the Companion’s independence skills (e.g. budgeting, banking, cooking, shopping, ability to access support etc.) and arranging any training/help as needed.
- Helping Companions to secure jobs by supporting them in looking for employment, writing CVs, making applications, being interviewed etc.
- Cultivating and liaising with prospective employers.
- Supporting learning and development.
- Supporting people who have started working outside the Community.
- Liaising with the housing department about housing, housing benefit and other matters.
- Liaising with probation and other support services as appropriate
- Building up a resource of benevolent landlords and letting agents.
- Where appropriate, helping to facilitate family reconciliation.
- Making a relationship with Companions before they leave that can be sustained during the leaving process and after it.
- Helping with the practicalities of the actual move (services, decoration, removal, paying rent, deposits etc.
- Staying in touch with, recording and keeping track of what happens to Companions once they leave.
Emmaus will be hosting a visit / Q&A session for those wanting to look round this scheme prior to submitting an application on Monday the 11th June 2018 1:30pm
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book the visit and to submit completed documents.