The Orchard is the name given to the residential part of Emmaus Hull and East Riding. A brand new building with 30 en-suite rooms for the companions. There are modest and comfortable facilites along with kitchen and dining room.
We even have a cat!
We work with each individual to provide person centred support aiming to get them back to independence by educating, rehabilitating, increasing confidence and self-esteem through working in our range of social enterprises. We have a structured support package that encourages progression at their pace and includes support around mental health, physical health, basic living skills, substance misuse, offending behaviour, social interactions, work experience and behavioural management. We use the Outcome Star tool to help visualise growth and identify specific areas to work on. We provide training that is appropriate for the person and their journey. We are keen to work with agencies already involved as we are a great advocate of partnership working.
Contact Kelly Louise for more information and a chat:
phone: 01482 223722 ext. 4
If you can answer yes or agree to the points below, you could become a companion.
- Yourself or client need to be over the age of 18
- Yourself or client need to be eligible for housing benefit
- We are unable to accommodate those with arson offences
- We are unable to accommodate those with sexual offences
- Violent offences are considered on a case by case
- We are zero tolerance on illegal substances and conduct substance testing
- We are zero tolerance with alcohol on site and breathalyse on a daily basis
- We expect residents to sign off from welfare benefits.
- Yourself or client needs to be able to volunteer in our enterprises for 40 hours a week