This role is responsible for adding extra capacity to the Emmaus Outreach service. Ensuring that the rough sleeper outreach service is supporting those sleeping rough during quickly, targeting new and entrenched rough sleepers and focusing on proactive signposting, assisting direct access accommodation options, health interventions, and liaising with agencies to support rough sleepers welfare needs. Working alongside the vital homelessness network across Hull and East Riding this role will be pivotal in linking the most marginalised rough sleepers into short term/ more sustainable accommodation. This role involves including Emmaus companions and volunteers to become effective outreach team members, ensuring collectively that Hull and East riding is well covered, teams are visible and proactive in all activities. All Emmaus staff support companions and volunteers included within the service in terms of enhancing development and learning.
- Experience of engaging vulnerable people experiencing complex multiple needs
- Experience of multi-disciplinary agency working, including enforcement agencies
- Driving license
- Experience of encouraging marginalised people to access support
- Experienced in delivering funded projects and reporting on outputs and outcomes
- Must have previous Outreach experience.
Key skills required
- Motivational and inspiring
- Visible and accessible
- Demonstrates active listening to ideas and issues raised by others and consistently responds to these
- Able to lead and engage people to have a vision and to achieve goals
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and fairness in all conduct
- Recognises and values achievements and the contributions of others
- Make prompt clear decisions based on consideration of risks
- Commitment to Emmaus’s values underpins all actions and decisions
You can volunteer with us.