Rough Sleeper Outreach Worker Part-Time (15 Hours) – Closing Date Friday 23rd December
We currently have a fantastic position available to join our team as an East Riding Rough Sleeper Outreach worker! This is a Part-time vacancy (15 Hours).
This role is responsible for adding extra capacity to the Emmaus Outreach service. It will ensure that the rough sleeper outreach service is quickly supporting those sleeping rough, targeting new and entrenched rough sleepers and focusing on proactive signposting. The role requires someone to assist with direct access accommodation options, health interventions, and liaising with agencies to support rough sleepers’ welfare needs. The person in this role will work alongside the vital homelessness network across the East Riding and will be pivotal in linking the most marginalised rough sleepers into short term/more sustainable accommodation.
Please read the job description and return the application form , diversity monitoring form and declaration of criminal record form to the outreach team leader, Casey Fawcett. – email@example.com.
Retail Lead Manager
Location: Emmaus Hull & East Riding
Accountable to: Director
Responsible for: Retail Lead, Drivers, Companion Lead, Logistics & Ecommerce team member
Salary: £30,000 p/a
Full time hours are 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a week on a 6-day rota between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Saturday
Overall purpose of the job
- To implement the smooth management of Emmaus Hull & ER retail shops, e-Commerce, warehouse and logistic teams and furniture reuse business to maximise revenue and meet financial targets.
- To manage a team of a team of staff, companions and volunteers across our three enterprise locations
- To merchandise effectively, including eye-catching windows and in-store displays of donated goods to promote the image, products, and services of the charity.
- To maximise sales income through the shops and e-Commerce and ensure all goods are high standard.
- To provide effective training and direction to companion shop teams and volunteers to enable them to develop retail skills.
- To work closely with the local communities to build relationships and support in acts of solidarity.
- To develop in-store initiatives and increase wider community inclusion
To be a success in this (multi-site) role you will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills developed in a retail environment
- Excellent visual merchandising skills – fashion, homewares, and furniture.
- Experience of working in charity retail
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Some experience of e-Commerce sales.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good/advanced IT skills including Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Good knowledge of P&L and KPIs
- Organised and self-motivated, while having the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and approach to work.
- Enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A ‘work with’ approach.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To be able to train and deliver exceptional levels of great customer service.
- To implement procedures and processes for the efficient and effective operation of our stores.
- To merchandise retail stock in the shops effectively to maximise sales whilst maintaining high standards.
- To manage the Online Sales team in the growth of the e-commerce platforms.
- To ensure effective negotiations with suppliers (donors of furniture and other household goods) to achieve optimal selection of the most profitable goods to enable the business to exceed targets.
- Monitor and implement systems for processing and training on Gift Aid.
- Manage logistics and warehouse
- To work with the Director to forecast, plan and implement effective collection and storage strategies by category and channel to maximise revenue and margin.
- To work with our nominated social media support around appeals, promotions, and events.
- To assist with marketing of the retail shops in the local area and on social media to maximise Emmaus profile, donations, stock generation and sales.
- To work as part of the Management Team and positively always representing the organisation, being a strong ambassador.
- To develop, deliver and maintain a current and relevant product offer and pricing in line with customer and market trends within our stores.
- Ensure retail operations are always staffed and provide cover where necessary.
- Manage stock control to shops to ensure fully stocked and attractively displayed.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to ensure the overall objectives are realised.
- Responsible for day-to-day problem solving and conflict resolution, taking appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner, when necessary, in line with community policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with relevant legislation, including Health and Safety and Fire Regulations in the workplace and the Data Protection Act, Loss prevention.
- Maintain and develop good customer relations and handle customer surveys and complaints.
- Maintain companions’ and volunteers’ work rotas to ensure cover is maximised.
- To maintain professional boundaries and work with other managers to ensure companions are supported effectively.
- Participate in weekly business and some daily meetings with companions and staff.
- To perform other tasks or duties deemed necessary by the Director.
- To be flexible and willing to carry out any tasks when necessary and to participate in the on-call rota.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th November
Please ensure you refer to the person specification when writing your cover letter.
You can volunteer with us.