To work alongside companions, staff and volunteers to monitor and manage the Ebay selling account for Emmaus Hull and East Riding. Respond to customer messages and queries, list items for sale and manage listings, package items for delivery, arrange items to be delivered.
Location: The Superstore Lockwood Street
Time Commitment – Flexible Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday 10:00 – 16:00
- List items on the Ebay selling platform
- Sort through donated items to select suitable products to sell on the Ebay
- Respond to customer queries, questions and complaints via Ebay platform
- Communicate with staff members, volunteers and companions with tasks and issues
- To maintain excellent customer care and maintain excellent feedback
- To follow refund and purchase policies of Emmaus Hull and East Riding
- Arrange for items to be cleaned and polished before being listed
- Assign realistic and reasonably sale and delivery prices
- Complete administration as required.
- Follow health and safety policies
- Package items safely and as described ready for dispatch.
- Order packaging in timely manner
- Print delivery labels
- Provide feedback for customers
- Store potential items for dispatch in correct areas.
- Take good, clear pictures for the item listings.
- Research items that sell well on Ebay.
- Already know and understand how to use Ebay
- Be able to use Microsoft office packages efficiently
- Be able to use a camera to take pictures
- Be able to provide excellent customer service
- Be excellent in written communication.
Volunteers will be training and inducted for the above tasks. Tasks will be adapted to the volunteers commitment hours, skill set and preference.
All volunteers will need to provide and up to date DBS.
Point of contact/ Supervision
Enterprise Manager / Community
Volunteers will be offered to participate in the training that is available in the community.
Protective equipment and uniforms will be provided where necessary. Expenses incurred during volunteer time will be reimbursed. Lunch is provided for in the community.